WHAT IS NIST? THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO THE NIST CYBERSECURITY FRAMEWORK
Explore this comprehensive guide on how the NIST Cybersecurity Framework can be applied to your organization.
Workshop Recap: Admin Day 1 - Setting Up Your System Defaults
FTP Today recently launched a major update where you can now configure all of your setting defaults in one location. I walked customers through this in our recent workshop, Admin Day 1: Setting Up Your System Defaults.
As part of Phase II in the new implementation of FTP Today’s software, we’ve moved all of the various site settings for site defaults, user defaults, password defaults, workspace defaults, email alerts and notifications defaults and more from the Control Panel to within the Web App.
Previously, several of the system’s settings were hosted in their own tab across the top of your screen. But now, administrators will see a side menu when they log into your web app Just click the cog icon to go to Settings.
Within the Settings menu, you will find the three newest additions that we’ve rolled over: Security, Authentication and Automation.
- Site Identity: Where you can find your dedicated IP address, active domain and SSL certification information
- Service Activation: Where you activate your File Transfer Protocols like Explicit FTPS, SFTP, HTTPS and more. You also find service options that you can activate for your account, like allowing restarts on failed uploads.
- Country Access: Enables you to apply Geo-IP restrictions, which blocks attacks on usernames and passwords from hackers outside of your specified countries.
- Passwords: Specify your users’ password edits and resets, such as being able to reuse old passwords, as well as their password strength level. You can also enable new user invites.
Additional Authentication-related settings are slated to roll out in 2017 so stay tuned!
- File Retention: Apply purge rules here.
- Email Notifications: Customize your email messaging and message consolidation frequency
This is just a taste of what is included in your settings. Whether you're brand new to FTP Today or have been with us for a while, these Day 1 set-up activities can't be overlooked and are now easier than ever to configure.
Interested in seeing the new Settings area in action?
Check out our recording of the live workshop.
About Martin Horan
Founder of FTP Today and an expert in secure file transfer and Internet protocols. A software and IT geek since a young age, Martin has successfully led his companies through the digital age by spotting market niches and filling them with quality IT services.