WHAT IS NIST? THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO THE NIST CYBERSECURITY FRAMEWORK
Explore this comprehensive guide on how the NIST Cybersecurity Framework can be applied to your organization.
Administration & File Transfer Integrated into one Web App
All servers and all customers have been updated to our latest version that includes integrated and enhanced administration.
As you may have heard or seen, FTP Today has been hard at work planning to make its control panel (/siteadmin) obsolete by integrating all administrative functions within the file transfer Web App. A single portal for file transfer and all administration will soon become a reality.
Our portal integration plan began with the release of InfiniShare and Branding to the Web App, completed in September and October of 2016, respectively. In December 2016 we moved all site Settings and system defaults administration to the Web App and made some enhancements.
All administration of users, workspaces, permissions, email notifications and purge controls — will be integrated into our Web App 3.0.
Notice that the above screenshot is the same screen that is used to transfer files, but someone logged in with an administrator role will now see five tabs when viewing any folder:
- Contents - To view what is inside the current folder and transfer files.
- Edit - To edit the folder's name, to assign the folder to a Team (formerly called "Group") or to add a comment.
- Access - To view or manage user assignments to this folder and their permissions. See the screenshot below.
- Notifications - To view or manage email notifications for this particular folder.
- Automation - To view or manage File Retention Settings or purge controls.
This screenshot shows what an administrator sees once the Access tab is clicked.
It will be super easy to move from transferring files to administration, all within one interface.
As if integrating administration is not enough, here is just a taste of the new features and functions that will also be available soon:
- The <Root> folder will have its own set of admin tabs. This is where things like site-wide email notifications will be configured.
- Workspaces can be downloaded, moved, deleted, etc. in your web browser, just like "regular" folders and files.
- Workspaces can be contained within InfiniShare links.
- Any folder, at any level of the directory tree, can be given new and different user assignments, different email notifications and different purge settings than its parent folder. Previously, email notifications and purge controls were only manageable at the top=most workspaces (those in the root).
- User permissions within a workspace can be "cloned" or copied when assigning another user's access.
Essentially, there will no longer be a need to distinguish the term "workspace" from a "folder" or a "sub-folder". Each folder will either inherit the settings of its parent folder or can have its own unique settings.
So, 2017 marks a major milestone to our software. Stay tuned for multiple webinar invitations for first hand training.
About Martin Horan
Founder of FTP Today and an expert in secure file transfer and Internet protocols. A software and IT geek since a young age, Martin has successfully led his companies through the digital age by spotting market niches and filling them with quality IT services.